The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is It Just Me, or Are We Seeing Crazy (High) Asking Pric

I think the prices is all over the place at the moment.

Monacos / Siffert always demand high prices. It seems like it's possible to get a good deal on most other Heuers. Many list their watches with a start price at USD 2800.00 for a regular Autavia Vicroy... but the never sell... around USD 1000-1500.00 seems more right.

Several no name Heuers from the 40's-60's has sold for below USD 1000.00 on Ebay , some as low as USD 4-500.00. A dealer price would have been something like USD 1900.00
I just won a 1940 Heuer chronograph for as low as USD 275.00... And a classic full size Heuer diver 980.006 for USD 81.00 with bracelet. This is the time for bargains.

The divers seems to be rising. Several has sold on Ebay for USD 5-600.00. The market is very strange. Some sells for USD 600.00 ++, other go for around USD 100.00... Same ref.number in the same condition. Good pictures seems to get good prices.

Just my 2cent

Cheers

Jarl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE