The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is It Just Me, or Are We Seeing Crazy (High) Asking Pric

Concerning my personal experience, during past times it was not so easy buying or selling Heuers.
Buying a good piece was hard, due to the great quantity of put-togethers, and selling was virtually impossible,
if you didn't want to gift them.
Only two families were considered: Monaco and Autavia, but they were considered as low-profile collectables, or less than low.
There was a great lack of information sources, where you could retrieve confident data. OnTheDash, an excellent website, was not enough.
It is difficult to set a trend if you are alone in facing this reality.
The definitive turning point has been Arno Haslinger's book, this because people often consider true only facts that they can read,
thus making books become like consacrations.
When you open the book, it's almost impossible for everyone to remain breathless...
These timepieces are so stunning and interesting to stimulate immediatly the desire of possessing them!
This book helped the work of Jeff Stein, OnTheDash, and has set the basis for the forum 'Heuer Vintage' on VetroPlastica.it website.
What we are now facing is the widespread growing of blogs and magazine articles,
and it seems that the association of cars with watches is much appreciated and searched.
I don't think it will be an ephemeral trend, beacuse it's since several years that interest in Heuers is increasing.
The TAG-Heuer brand is also investing much money to grow into many markets.
I'm very happy with my personal Heuer collection, for me it's a continuous source of satisfaction.
I believe that my interest in those wonderful chronographs will last for much time.
Now I can definitely say to be a single-brand collector.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE