The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mint Silverstone (Red) . . . Just Sold at $4,000

Jeff,

thats a good average watch, but far away from nos and not mint for my quality perspective, look at the backcase scratches please !! no original strap and buckle as far I can see and en plus a scratch at the dial.
Normal price for an average quality watch, supports what I have written before and the pricing of the knightsbridge silverstone.
Right ?!

Cheers
Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: Arno:

: As much as we all like to be "cheerleaders" for our
: beloved brand (and I face this accusation as much as anyone), we
: do need to keep some realism in our valuations.

: This one looks very nice, and drew exactly one bid, at $4,000
: (US dollars).

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270480359526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

: How can you explain this, against your view that prices for mint /
: NOS are in the 3,500 to 4,000 Pound range? Anomoly or
: big-time bargain?

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE