The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The More I Watch the Auction Houses . . .
In Response To: Totally agree with Paolo ()

The more I watch the high-brow auction houses, with the kind of sales we saw Saturday at Bonhams, the better I am liking ChronoTrader (and even EBay). Who needs (a) the "experts" (with the crazy, manipulative, semi-fraudulent estimates), (b) the bogus "provenance", and (c) the private deals after the public sales fail. Suddenly, EBay seems like safe, reliable place to buy watches!

Pardon the rant . . . it just seems that the kind of listings and results we saw from the Saturday auction do not do anyone any good.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I totally agree with Paolo: for the auction to be successful and
: let the auction house keep or build more trust in both the
: bidders' and the sellers' tben it's got to be a clear and fair
: process: reasonable price first, as the auctioneers are supposed
: to be experts. Btw, I still haven't finished counting the errors
: on the Patrizzi online catalogue!
: Cheers.
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE