The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
perspective...
In Response To: We Will Await Your Impressions ()

Jeff,

I look forward to your views.

What I'd say is (and it applies generally, not just to this auction) the following....
1) there are probably more Heuer collectors out there than there are vintage Heuers in any condition
2) but what is for sure is that there are WAY more Heuer collectors out there than NOS or 100% original Heuer pieces.

So not everyone can own a perfect or historic piece. We can all aspire to the perfect, but you can enjoy the 90% pieces as well,
and even a 2nd execution autavia with the wrong hands has more history and cool factor than some of the bling ugly modern watches we see out there. (ok, if you go below a certain level of perfection and less than 50% of the parts in the watch came out a Heuer factory, maybe a casio g-shock might be more satisfying, unless you are going for the funny factor).

Having said that, this one has a lot of history in it (hey I was trying to be reasonable, but I can show off as well)...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE