The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Like Analogies as Much as the Next Guy . . .

Hi - this is certainly turning out to be an interesting discussion but I have to say that I do side very much with Jeff & Mark on this - in fact considering the vast collection of superb Heuer's that Jeff owns I'm really pleased that in fact what it really shows is a complete lack of snoberry - which is always a good thing. It would be very easy to dismiss the quartz revolution and all that entails in the recent history of Heuer and ultimately Tag Heuer but without the release of the 1st generation Tag F1 as an example (which was cheap and sold in buckets and brought a new generation with it) it would be hard to believe that the new company would have made it - despite the intervention of Tag in the mid 80's. God knows what would have happened then....maybe, just maybe Heuer would now be a footnote in Swiss watchmaking and that would have been a heartbreaking end for all of us.....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE