The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: yeah, but vinyl vs. CD?
In Response To: yeah, but vinyl vs. CD? ()

Sorry but CD's have won ever since everybody started recording in digital. It's a nice argument because you can see the vinyl go round and the cd happens inside a box. What about reproduction of a digital recording? Perfect every time. Albums? Please.

Nothing beats the feeling of a master copy of The Beatles White Album coming through the Macintosh BUT that's a feeling not fact.

Same feeling when you wear a vintage watch. A 30 dollar Casio will blow the doors off my Heuer but it doesn't give me that feeling..........

dave (big collection of albums AND CD's)

: You are probably right on the digital versus
: film. But what about vinyl versus CD? On
: that one I am a big believer in the
: superiority of analogue over digital for
: sound quality (if not convenience).

: I wondered if there was a correlation between
: collecting vintage watches and still using
: vinyl? More correlation in Heuer collectors?
: Any comments?

: (sorry..a little bit of topic, but somehow
: related)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE