The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chronomatic dial query?
In Response To: Chronomatic dial query? ()

A dial we've only seen once before, it helps validate that earlier dial and actually carries the correct handset too. Finding a case in the correct serial range will not be the work of a moment but they do exist and then the owner will have a watch that should attract the same sort of premium as any other Chronomatic-dialled Heuer. Except this one is still rarer than those.

I hope we don't see it with later case and mismatched hands at some point - if the new owner is reading and needs any advice on serial range etc, I'd be happy to help. I'd like to see it stay as original as possible.

As to worth it, that's for the individual to decide but the movement is probably worth that on its own, so you can say the buyer got a Chronomatic dial for free. Though it looks like there are some replacement parts in there.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE