The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thrilled with this Result: "Villeneuve" Autavia 1,600 Euro

Sometimes, chaos can create opportunity, and I am thrilled to say that I had planned to bid on one lot, and have been successful in purchasing it.

Here it is, Lot 36, which we can call the "Villeneuve" or the "Gilles" (for the sake of clarity), sold for 1,600 Euro [$2,600, with the buyer's premium]. We saw one of these go on eBay, a few days ago at $4,550 (on the bracelet). Yes, Gilles had the T bezel and this one is MH, but I like the MH bezel, generally, and I like the aged look of this one.

I was able to log on to the Bonhams website at Lot 33 . . . things seemed to be slow / quiet in the room, and when we study the results, I believe that we will find that many went unsold. Had I been able to get to the website, there may have been some bargains. But then again, if the website had been working properly, there may not have been these bargains.

Still, I had targeted Lot 36, and am very happy with the price. One shot, one kill!! So I will call it a successful day at Monaco!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE