The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: For a Long Time, People Have Been Saying . . .

i sure didnt want a heuer when i was young. i wanted a rolex but didnt want to go mainstream and bought a breitling ...at this time they whre bankrupt nearly and had only 4 models....so it was a realy individual thing....i know only 4 shops where they have been sold at this time....compared to today. with cars i agree....the best is a lancy delta integrale evo...i would never buy this car...as you need a garage too...one thing at the engine and you always need to lift full engine in and out...and as its an italian car..you need maintanance any time....another nice car was the reneault turbo 2...i had a vw polo g40 which was a monster at this time..beating any 320 bmw :-)...and of course the istera imperator 108i...countach...testarossa...forget about this...if you get an istera :-)

any

: To a certain extent the same thing happens with cars, people get to
: 40 and can afford the car they always wanted when they were
: young. So recently we've seen Countach prices go through the
: roof and early 911 Turbo prices are following. Testarossas are
: still underpriced but they will surely follow. A few years ago a
: friend had £10,000 he had to spend immediately on a car or lose
: a load of it to the tax man. He asked me what to buy, I
: suggested an E30 BMW M3 evo. He bought a 2000 year Alfa
: Spyder...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE