The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: For a Long Time, People Have Been Saying . . .

To come back to Jeffs first question: I do think, that one reason for the empty marked is the financial crises. More people wanted to get rid of their money and invest it in manageable values. And now they hold those watches as an investment. I just can speak for myself. I am 45 and a long time a fan of the chronographs of the 60s and 70s with their pure and clear functional design, but could never afford them. In my mid 40s I think "when if not now?" Naturaly I don't want to invest in a watch without any future value. But in the last years the prices achieved fantastic prices. I too think, that we have already a bubble like at the real estate crisis. These prices can't consist in the future. It's sad for beginners like me. Usualy you start with some less expensive examples, but there are simply no anymore. That was probably also a reason for some folks to buy Heuer watches just as an investment without passion. The big labels are rediculous expensive so they look on the next level and if the marked gets empty in this segment, the prices rise and they search for the next affordable ones. Supply and demand.

: i sure didnt want a heuer when i was young. i wanted a rolex but
: didnt want to go mainstream and bought a breitling ...at this
: time they whre bankrupt nearly and had only 4 models....so it
: was a realy individual thing....i know only 4 shops where they
: have been sold at this time....compared to today. with cars i
: agree....the best is a lancy delta integrale evo...i would never
: buy this car...as you need a garage too...one thing at the
: engine and you always need to lift full engine in and out...and
: as its an italian car..you need maintanance any time....another
: nice car was the reneault turbo 2...i had a vw polo g40 which
: was a monster at this time..beating any 320 bmw :-)...and of
: course the istera imperator
: 108i...countach...testarossa...forget about this...if you get an
: istera :-)

: any

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE