The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: For a Long Time, People Have Been Saying . . .

I will put my two cents worth in about this. I am like a lot of guys on this forum. I appreciate good design. Along with my modest Heuer collection (and other watches) I also buy vintage valve hi-fi gear, vintage clothing, classic cars (sold my 1978 911 SC last year and have also owned many classics). I am a jazz musician with an interest in all things cool and vintage. I have a studio full of vintage gear including many classic analog synths. I don't think age has anything to do with it, and I think David saying something on this forum at 23 years old is really cool. He knows what he likes and it's vintage. I think great design will last the test of time and will always have a place in the 'market'. This forum has been a great place for me to get into something vintage and meet (on-line) other people who appreciate all things well designed. In our homogenised world I applaud anyone who can seperate the bad from the good and timeless.

: I'm not too worried about the "next generation" of
: collectors totally losing interest in Heuer. I'm 23 and started
: adding Heuers to my collection last year, and I doubt I'm the
: only younger guy out there to do so. I know I don't see Heuers
: as old-looking watches (at least not the 70s models), which had
: a lot to do with the case size and modern dial designs.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE