The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is ebay Dying (at Least for Vintage Heuers)??

hi,

as a note beforehand: I have sorted my answer here but I am unsure , sometimes I lack the overview

no matter ebay is increasingly the trash can of the watch trade or area of price visionaries,

from Europe, some in United States are still good, Paolo shows an example, but since we had to add tax, shipping and risk , we keep often out.

Good watches often disappear from the listing, because the seller will be persuaded to a buy it now price

in the foreseeable future I do not believe mechanical watches will lose their status as popular man's toys . beeing a status symbol and the possibility to show it, prevents that, what else he can carry without looking like Mr. Glööckler...
perhaps a porsche will become an expensive dream ...

Most of the good reasonable watches had changed the ownership , between the generations , collectors hold it, sellers joins the vision fraction, from here a good watch becomes seldom and expensive . and Perhaps they are really not as many as Rolex. Therefore the brand was unable to survive
We see the prices of good Monaco of professionel traders, beneath 10,000 euros nothing goes. Same to see with OTD members , some offered prices also are good for buyers, and others are more in the visionary section.

cheers michael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE