The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Perfectly Clear to Me!!

: For me still not clear:

It is perfectly clear to me, as written below. All these are my own opinions, but I do not believe that they suffer from any lack of clarity.

: a) what about movments: can movements be NOS at all ??? or are we pure talking on the cosmetics ?

In my language, we are discussing the case, dial, hands and all parts of the watch, every single part of the watch. New Old Stock means that the watch has never been worn, except in the showroom, etc. People only wear watches, not movements. There is no such thing as a New Old Stock movement, unless it is the movement in a true NOS watch. I hope this makes sense to you.

: b) what about assembled watches from "NOS" parts: is this a NOS watch ? I know some watch makers who assmble from all NOS parts a NOS watch: for me its not a NOS watch.

This is NOT a New Old Stock watch, as it is not an old watch . . . right? It is a watch that has been assembled from NOS parts. There is a big difference between a NOS watch and a watch that was assembled from NOS parts, and I see no basis for any confusion on this point.

: What is assembling by the way and at what point is it a NOS watch and at what point a sabled watch: For me even changing the bezel would be not anymore a NOS watch. Or putting a case back sticker on the back or putting a case back with a sticker on the back, thus exchanging the non sticker case back.

If you have changed the bezel, then the watch is not New Old Stock. I do not really care about the stickers . . . just not of much interest to me. The minute I receive a watch, it goes on my wrist . . . so I am happy to say that I do not own any NOS watches.

: ape

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE