The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
...cool (from a rolex hater)
In Response To: Re: Welcome Aboard!! ()

I was generally pretty dismissive of the whole rolex thing. I admit over the years Mr Devos showed some amazing daytonas, but didn't think much of rolex beyond the daytonas. But I have to say your post contains some really, really cool watches.

The special "gulf" dials do nothing for me, not really comex either (nice history, ugly dial), but I love the tropical James Bond, and the lume'd numerals on the 6200 are nice - like first exec autavias, and also the tropical daytonas are obviously very cool. But my favourites are the gold "serpico" chronos, I've never seen that model before, what is the story behind it? Very, very nice (it used to be considered quite impolite and vulgar to mention gold in this forum, but now we are in the 1158-mania era I think it is considered acceptable).

Thanks for posting!

Shaun

ps: I'd still never buy a rolex. I second Abel's comment on the Rolex forum.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE