The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hello Bernhard...

Hey Bernhard,

Wow...you showed us some impressive watches here indeed!

Like Shaun...I really really like that gold "Serpico"!! What beautifull watch in all aspects! Also I have a very weak spot for the dials where the numerals have been applied with lume...great patina and so distinctive! Like we see with our early Autavia's...which are extremely rare in compairison.

I just posted some Heuer pictures over in the Rolex forum...maybe they can open the eyes from some of your friends there too, I hope it's well appreciated ;-)

The fact that most Rolex guys also collect other brands from "time to time"...that made me smile (in a good way that is...), I presume they want to see something "different" on their wrist. I think that's quite normal and also for myself this is applicable. I have the experience that most Heuer collectors are very strong in focussing on one brand only...Heuer in general. But ofcourse most of us have another watch then Heuer also.... It's not that "we" think that Heuer is the only "good" brand for us to collect...it's in fact very very simple...it is because Heuer offers such a diversity of models/references that there's always something new to discover, a thing we lack with almost every other brand. I mean...think about it...all the model variations....Monaco, Autavia, Silverstone, Carrera, Calculator, Jarama, and and and...not mentioning all the different case details and dial variations thoughout the years. So, for a Heuer collector...we actually don't realise how "spoiled" we really are with all the options we actually have. Classic Carrera, Iconic Monaco, Sporty Autavia....like I said...very very few other brands can offer this...in fact I can't think of any other brand right now.

Welcome aboard and I'm convinced we'll see some impressive Heuer timepieces joining your stunning Rolex collcetion soon!

With my best regards from Belgium
abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE