The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ironically, I still consider myself 'the student'
In Response To: 'The Expert' ()

'The Expert' Posted By: Reza [Date: 8/10/04 02:13 GMT]

I regard Chuck as 'the Expert' even before I bought my first watch.

Ironically, I still consider myself 'the student' as I'm learning things all the time. Now some people may call me a "good student" or a "talented student" or a "gifted student" (your mileage will vary) but I still consider myself a student.

I always ask for his opinion via TZ, OntheDash and sometimes emails (hope you didnt mind) whenever I want to buy or found a watch that I found interesting.

Albeit a student who shares the insights they discover with the class at large...

No... I don't mind emails... If I did I'd remove them from my posts and articles. They make me think and keep me sharp!

Thank you for all the valuable insights Chuck! Your indepth knowledge and articles on your website led me to my first watch, a vintage Speedy. And hopefully a vintage Heuer one of these days with the guide of On The Dash and Chuck of course.

I may be many things, one of which is "Open-Source". I don't keep secret my sources or methods. I use the same dealer page I point people to. I link to other sites with supporting and better information as needed. I also appreciate the efforts of people of a similar mindset. There are a number of people here and at Chronocentric (our elder sibling forum here), Derek, Jeff, Ralf, David DeVos, Bruce, JHB, and people I know from elsewhere: RJ Broer, Steve Waddington, Keith Downing, Eric So (Katoso) who really contribute to make the greater community what it is.

Good health and fates permitting we'll be here for a goodly amount of time. You know where to post!

For after all it's isn't about what you know or what you own, but rather about what you share and contribute to raise the level of discourse out there.

Thank you

Reza

You're welcome, good hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE