The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You butter up the Landlord, I'll give him the list

: Jeff, you know I've suggested a TZ Classics
: style forum for archiving posts for quite
: some time now. I was under the impression we
: already had a "Links" page
: established on OTD. Everytime I talk to the
: guy in charge, and man is he tough to get a
: hold of!, he only wants to talk about the
: vintage watches he just won on eBay with Buy
: It Now's or Trips he's looking forward to!

Maybe you are talking / writing to the wrong guy. If it's anything to do with the forum(s), that would be in the Chronocentric / Derek realm.

You know what the definition of a committee is don't you... 2 or more people who point to someone else as being the person who's responsible for doing any specific task... Dear lord what we have devolved into...

I may be in charge to OTD(??), but my technical skills are limited. I created the "Articles" page, thinking that it will become an "Articles and Resources" page . . . sort of like a reference area focused on discrete articles and pieces (rather than entire websites). The "Links" would contain the usual links to other websites, dealers, etc. Yes -- there is some overlap, but I am certain that we can figure out "what goes where".

You're the guy with the pull with our landlord. I'm just the bloke who sleeps on the couch who can tell you what kind of antenna we need to pull in what we want to view...

If you let out landlord know I'm going to ask for something (that shouldn't be too difficult to wrangle and to see if he can get something workable up, I'll work out the details/wrinkles with him myself.

: Basically, we need another forum for OTD
: Classics. Just a page with links is ok, but
: it'd be better if people can archive posts
: in their entirety, via links or via iFrames
: within that section of OTD.

if it's another forum you / we need, that would be Derek's department.

Yup... That's the direction we need to head... If you have the chance to touch base with Derek hopefully in the morning, I'll get in touch with him afterwards.
: More than this is going to have to wait until
: I'm feeling a little better. I'm running on
: fumes at the moment.

here's to a quick and full recovery!!

I'm all for that, It's going to be a rough holiday if I feel anything at all like I did Monday night... Mercy!

: -- Chuck

Jeff

Seriously, I'm up for phone calls and emails with out landlord if you butter him up a bit first. I can handle that part of it if you'd like. Just put in the good word.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE