The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:adjusting 4 stickoly
In Response To: Awesome watch ()

: Hey Brovic, thinking about buying Sergio's
: watch? You will love it, my favorite feature
: is the sweep tach second and minute hands. I
: need to get my 501 adjusted, it is running
: about 5 sec. slow a day...

Yes these are nice watches VERY IMPORTANT if you want it adj correctly it will be called regulating and you will want to do some home work for the watchmaker so he knows you know whats up.

5 sec - aday 24 h. now in what position do you put it at night facing you with the 12:00 up ? if so it may gain 2 to 3 sec. this way the 5100 can easly very 5 sec a day (24h) you will need to spend 4 nights and see what position it gains in I would bet it will gain with the dial setting with 12:00 north or at the stem 3:00 and down on the table. so try 6 down 3 d. 9 down and see if it gains back the 5 sec in just 8 hours. Also do you where it on your left wrist and up or under your wrist.

This will make a good regulation work and may insure you get a good regulation.
If you where to just boost it 5sec+ it would not be of the help you think. we need to know how much it looses on your wrist and how you where it. Driving in the same postion for hours a day? this all make all the differance.

Good luck
If you live in N Calif. P.m. me If you can drive buy I will do it for the fun of it for you.
Peter
Ps any service #s on the case back inside?
No I do not deal with sending watches in the mail or want any work just would help out a Heuer person close by.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE