The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: follow-up
In Response To: follow-up ()

Chuck,

Regarding the "hour creep" question - it was my mistake - I did not realise the hour register was calibrated at 30mins intervals! The watch is perfect! My dealer is sending a correct manual from TAG - they didn't seem to know it was a manual wind watch.

I looked again at the TAG site for the "Limited Edition" and under "History" of the Carrera line-up, I quote "In 1996, TAG Heuer decided to launch a new edition of the Carrera chronograph, closely based on the original 1964 model: in other words, retaining the small 37 millimeter diameter, the self-winding mechanical movement (Lemania 1873) and the organic glass crystal." Incorrect statement?

When you purchased the watch, did it come in a special dark red box labelled "Classics Heuer" with the zip box sporting a copy of the perforated leather band around the lid? Mine came in a typical dark grey box. Do you think the packaging is quite variable? Also, when did they start and stop making the Re-edition? TAG aren't keen on taking your serial number and checking the date of manufacture.

Thanks again for your responses.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE