The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Manual for Carrera Re-Edition

: Greg,

: Mine came with a grey cylindrical zip case
: which flips up and that came in a grey
: cardboard square box which I think TAG uses
: to house their current watches. I still
: don't have my manual yet but when I go and
: pick it up, I'll enquire about the rest of
: the "Classics - Heuer" packaging.
: Can I ask how much you paid for the watch? I
: paid about $2200 for a new one. Let me know
: how you get on with your retailer.

: Enjoy the watch! I was glad I went for the
: Lemania movement - also the "new"
: carrera didn't look as good on my wrist as
: the re-edition.

: Steve

Hi Steve

I think the packaging mine came in was for the new F1 series (shock horror!!). Assuming they don't have the proper "Classics - Heuer" case, I still want to send the F1 case back to get the grey cylindrical zip case. The problem was that when my watch was sent over, the screen wasn't fully protected and it took a few knocks against the top of the plastic box because the watch wasn't snugly fixed into the case.

I think the screen scratches will polish out with some 'Brasso' and a bit of vigorous rubbing. At least that's what the local authorised dealer says anyway.

After shipping and customs duty I paid USD$1815. From my perspective, the great price more than outweighs the hassles I've had with the packaging. The only initial dilemma I had was whether to go with the black or silver face, but the latter won out.

One thing I really like about the watch is the weight (or relative lack of) compared with my Omega Speedmaster and Heuer Monaco. It's much lighter and feels more comfortable on the wrist. Just have to get used to manually winding it up every few days!

cheers,

Greg

P.S: Thanks to the other for pointers on winding. I wasn't sure about how to wind it optimally and didn't want to break the mechanism!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE