The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: follow-up
In Response To: Re: follow-up ()

I'll let you know how I get on with TAG and my watch dealer. One thing I was curious about was that I noticed that some watches on the back had engraved "Carrera Re-edition" on the circumference whereas others only had the Heuer logo and the model and serial no. as mine does.

Do you think TAG issued all CS311* with this special box or do you think they restricted it to ones that had the extra engraving? I've spotted a few secondhand re-editions and may call them up to see whether they are in the red case or not. I did speak briefly to TAG sales who said that as the CS311* was not a special edition but a normal line, they would not have special presentation boxes. I don't know if that's true or not. I'm going to try the Customer Service Dept as suggested by Chuck. I hope the depts aren't one and the same!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE