The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Rolex?
In Response To: Omega Sickness ()

Nah,

My friends Rolex didn't last him long either until the second hand fell off and was bouncing around inside his watch. It cost him a LOT to have it fixed. He sold it after that.

Frankly? I think Automatics are brilliant. But remember, before battery operated watches, ALL watches were winders.

So, this is very very very very old technology.

My girlfriend has a Tag, batter operated. She's had it for 8 years and only changed the battery once. It still looks and runs like new. My boss' son has a Tag, battery operated as well. He's had his watch for 15 years without a single problem. He replaced the battery 4 times.

All in all, if you want a high quality watch that will run forever without a lot of problems, go with quartz (battery operated). There are to many moving parts inside an automatic. It's no wonder they need so much work all the time.

Personally, I feel that I made a financial mistake when I bought the 5 autos that I have. In a few years, they will all start dying. I thought I was investing in quality. Poor investment. Like investing in a Ferrari. Stupid me.

If you look at who wears Rolex, it's usually people who want to LOOK wealthy, because they really aren't. Wealthy people seldom wear Rolex. Probably because they know it's a waste of money.

Well, to late now with my "collection". However, I'm not dishing out 300 dollars to have my stupid Omega serviced. I have better things to do with my money then to spend it on a watch. If I do get it serviced for that price, I'll sell it afterwards and buy a Swiss Army :)

Tom

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE