The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Whats the problem?
In Response To: I know ()

Tom, I am unable to figure the logic behind any of your posts. You acknowledge the fact that automatic watches are brilliant, though you don't seem to respect, or know anything of the workings within them? You're ranting one minute, then praising the next. Yes, obviously mechanical watches are older than quartz, but who are you talking to? Are you answering your own question, or responding to your own post? I'm sorry, but it seems as though you just came here to blow off some steam? That or try to brag of possessions on an Omega forum... Let me get this straight, you bought all these mechanical watches simply on impulse, possibly at the same time (I cant think of any other way this could happen), without knowing anything about mechanical structure and routine maintenance? Most people interested in the collection of mechanical movement timepieces take the time to do a little research on the subject, and are fascinated by the complexities of said objects.

Are you looking for answeres? The best i've seen, and obviously the only reasonable action for your case would be to get it serviced for $300.00. From what I understand, a very large portion of those whom own an Omega, and specifically the Seamaster, would'nt go back to any other brand. Meaning they are very, very happy with their purchase. Though I must ask, for someone with so much money (assuming) why does $1900.00 really bother you that much, let alone the $300.00 service charge? Especially seeing as you are obviously among the ranks of one whom is not cheap, and enjoys the finer (oppinion) things in life? We're not compairing jobs or income here, so there is no need to mention your possesions, unless you want to look foolish; you don't know what others have. My best advice to you is this: start buying your watches in quartz versions. Your Seamaster likely comes in quartz, and not only is it cheaper, but it keeps better time. Your longterm solution is as simple as that. Best of luck Tom.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE