The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Stay Away from AuthenticWatches.com Ripoff

: Man These guys are SCAM ARTISTS ! Although i
: thought i was getting a deal it turned out
: to be a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I bought a Tag
: watch from AuthenticWatches.com and i placed
: my order over the phone. The watch came
: without the manufacturer serial numbers so
: my local dealer could not tell me if it was
: real. They also said that Tag will not work
: on the watch so i called Authentic Watches
: and i was told that i should've read the
: disclaimer on their site. HOW WAS I GOING TO
: READ IT WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER OVER THE
: PHONE NOONE TOLD ME THE WATCH DOESN'T HAVE
: SERIAL NUMBERS! They said i can return it
: but they would charge a 10% minimum charge.
: HOW IS THIS MY FAULT? Nevertheless I'm stuck
: with this watch or i pay a restocking fee. I
: don't recommend AuthenticWatches.com to
: anyone and i advise you to read ALL THE FINE
: PRINT and buy elsewhere. There's lots of
: other good watch companies online without
: this hassles! What a mess and they're still
: in BUSINESS? Go to youtube.com and put in
: Authenticwatches.com you'll see we're not
: the only ones who had problems with them.

I recently ordered and received an Omega Speedmaster Reduced (Automatic) from www.authenticwatches.com, and could not be happier with the purchase. The Speedy I received is not pre-owned or refurbished (they don't sell those), is immaculate in appearance, came with all the original packaging and model/serial/movement number tag, owner's manual, and their warranty. (Omega does NOT sell watches on the Internet, only in authorized dealer physical stores, and does not provide warranties on any watch not bought through an authorized store dealer.) I guess the main difference between my experience and yours was that I had spent considerable time doing my homework about this model, "gray market" dealers that sell new items but are from former jewelry store displays, overstock items, and store stock that became "obsolete" due to newer models/movements, and eBay watches in general. The result of that was that I understood that genuine high-end watches that are authentic will sometimes have had their serial numbers professionally removed due to OEM requirements depending on where the stock was obtained. I also understood that there would not be a warranty from Omega. Anyone considering an online purchase should do some research and understand this and make sure it lists in any item description as having the manufacturer serial numbers or is clearly visible in any item photos (like on eBay). No online "store" or individual seller should be held responsible for an ill-informed buyer. For what it's worth, another good "gray market" online store is www.bernardwatch.com. They also sell only authentic and non pre-owned merchandise.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE