The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Online Sales
In Response To: Re: Online Sales ()

: Well, I don't want to interpret things myself, so I'll limit myself
: to what I was told:

: o Omega confirmed that *only* branches that are explicitly listed
: are ADs. Other branches, if not listed, are not ADs. In
: addition, some branches that *were* ADs have had that status
: removed.

: o I then asked "so if I buy my Omega from Goldsmiths in
: Cambridge, which is not explicitly listed as an AD, will I have
: a warranty problem?". I was told that this branch is not an
: AD, however, Omega would in this case probably honour the
: warranty "reluctantly".

: This sounded odd to me, and of course Omega couldn't be *required*
: to honour it on the basis of some email from someone at Swatch,
: so I wouldn't risk it.

: I would recommend that, if the Omega warranty is of importance to
: you, then you must buy from a branch/shop that is explicitly
: listed.

: If the Omega-specific warranty isn't that important, and you're
: willing to take a generic shop warranty, then you can of course
: buy from any branch, which is effectively the same as buying
: from a grey dealer. It sounds like Omega may be more sympathetic
: in cases like Goldsmiths, as opposed to a standard grey dealer.
: I say "may".

Thanks again.

I have one more question if you would not mind giving your opinion.

I was told that you could send off for the Chronometer certificate if you emailed Omega a correctly completed warranty card stamped by an authorised dealer.

I did so and received mine. The shop I bought my watch from is not listed on the main Omega website but they have a main shop which is. I am now getting concerned about my warranty because I have had my watch two years now, it is a Co-Axial and is supposed to carry a 3 year warranty but has started losing about 7-8 seconds a day, I wanted to have it sorted out under the warranty by Omega.

I was led to believe that if the warranty card was not completed correctly by a proper dealer then they would not send the certificate.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE