The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Constantly confused! *PIC*
In Response To: Rampant Confusion ()

The book I have is Langs. To Stop Time, which has the 1954 info; here is the extract.

" 341 Heuer, Carrera 3147, ca. 1954.
Waterproof screwed steel case with dual function buttons. Black dial with 45 - minute register, date aperture by the 9, and luminous hands.
Movement: Landeron Caliber 189, 13.75 lignes in version 2. Balance with flat hairspring and Incabloc shock-resistance. Diameter 36mm.
Special feature: first chronograph with date disc."

62/63/64 seems late for first chrono with date disc? Yes - No?

The book I don't have is 'Mastering Time'. (is that a TAG book?)

Would it be fair to say that Heuer or more likely TAG are quite good at presenting Heuers' efforts in a more TAG corporately convenient fashion?

I don't know but as I said, Lang's book is pretty accurate with everything else and mid 50's seems right for first date disc and the Landeron movement is also a 50's thing.???

Regards

Alistair

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE