The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thanks for the input

Francisco & PSB

Many thanks for your input, comments, and links. Even though there are many faults compared to the established Swiss/German watch mfgrs It's a good start. I am encouraged because they are proceeding beyond the cheap electrics into mechanical designs. My hope is that the price and quality will introduce real watches* to many people who can not afford the existing prices.

I have seen other sites where customizing is becoming popular since the Chinese watches are so well priced. In fact they are becoming throw aways if they break just like the old Timex mechanicals that cost less than $5.00. The link to the article on Chinese self-winding/automatic watches was very informative.

David

* Electric watches are like appliances in that they do a very good job without any fuss till they break or disintegrate. In the mean time they are extremely boring in my opinion. In a similar vein, would anyone enjoy an electric motorcycle?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE