The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
40-Year Old Virgins / Ideal in This Instance

To switch analogies -- from cars to "virgins" -- let me suggest that a fully restored, overhauled 40-year-old Heuer will have all the beauty and reliability of the "virgin" 2006 model (and a lot more character and experience). there are also abundant spare parts for many models.

If you really "get lucky" [oh my god, what am I writing!!], you can sometimes find a NOS or mint model that is a true 40-year-old virgin!!

here are two favorites -- two-register guy had virginity restored (overhaul and new crystal) / Abercrombie was near new, in the box, perhaps never worn!!

Jeff

p.s. -- Patty are you out there??

: Thanks for the thoughtful comments. The analogy
: isn't lost on me since I'm an old car nut
: and a collector. In order to fund a recent
: new car purchase I let one old land yacht go
: (a very nice '58 Oldsmobile) so I think I
: recognize where my sympathies currently
: reside!

: Also, to stretch the analogy further, the
: thought of a "virgin" item (car or
: watch) is appealing since no one has had a
: chance to screw it up through incompetent
: "repair". My new car will not see
: the dealer unless of a recall. Likewise, a
: new Heuer will be purchased from an
: authorized dealer and if in need of repair
: will return to Switzerland I'd imagine...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE