The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
vintage vs re-edition
In Response To: newbie-- considering reissues ()

I own and enjoy vintage cars and also had untill recently a vintage heuer 45 black faced carrera.Bought it new in 1968 and wore it during my racing career.It has my blood type and ID number on the back. IT was stolen form me last May
and I have been searching for a replacement but haven't found one and also they are now exorbinately espensive. I was willing to buy a
black re-edition but I don't see them around either. So if anyone is willing to part with either let me know. The old one is closer to what I lost but of course any watch would be a replica of the one that I worn for so long, battered and scarred like me

: Greetings,

: Though a watch lover, I haven't been able to
: really consider indulging until recently. I
: have my eye on a new Autavia vs. vintage and
: I'm wondering about the +/- of such a
: purchase long-term. In other words, if I'm
: enamoured of the style and the quality
: (movement and case)is as good or better with
: the current Autavia is there a reason not to
: go in this direction? Yes, I find the
: "TAG" logo a detraction but the
: appeal of a new watch is great. Many
: thanks...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE