The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
One Watch Every Day for 10 Years, Price No Object

OK, guys . . . here we go.

If I could have any watch I wanted, to wear every day for the next 10 years, here's how I would make the decision.

• It would have to be a chronograph . . . useful and fun, to push the buttons

• It would have to be a Heuer . . . after all these years, how could I abandon the brand that I enjoy so much? If I will be wearing it every day for 10 years, the esteem or prestige of it being a Rolex or Patek, so loved by others, would not really matter to me. How could I go 10 years without wearing a Heuer? I couldn't.

• It would need a rotating bezel . . . again, the fun factor and the usefulness.

• It would be a GMT . . . I actually use this feature, when keeping up with a travelling kid, when I am traveling, or when planning a call to another time zone.

• It would have a story . . . something about the pursuit, finding a rare one, or buying from an interesting character.

so here it is, the one I would want to wear for the next 10 years, regardless of price.

Thanks for an interesting discussion and introducing some great watches.

Maybe the next discussion topic should be "your for a week or a month . . . what would it be?" I would probably be a bit more adventurous there!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Inspired by the Heuer->Rolex->Patek->?
: issue (see Jeff's thread below), I'd like to
: ask the forum one question: If you had to
: spend, say $50-$250k on ONE watch, what
: would it be?

: This is not a watch investment question, more
: of taste.
: So the rules are: - you'd have to wear the
: watch regularly for at least ten years
: - you could not sell it for money
: - you can not give it away or swap it
: - when you are tired of it, it disappears (it's
: a hypothetical question, ok)
: - only one watch, that's the point of the
: question.

: So which would it be?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE