The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Maybe You Can Help by Showing Examples ? ?

Alex:

both JH and I have been watching ebay closely (US, Italy and other markets); you suggest that, during 2005, five of the 5100-powered Silverstones sold above 2000 euros; I can recall one or two, but definitely not five of them. (I am also aware of a couple of auctions where the price shown on ebay did not reflect the amount of $$$$.$$ than actually changed hands.)

Perhaps you have some photos or detailed references to the auctions? This would be more convincing than the suggestion to "watch more closely" or your conclusory statements.

I am not trying to start (or escalate) an argument . . . only to suggest that we all do better when we can share information, rather than share conclusions (without the underlying evidence).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE