The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting Message / Not Sure You Help Yourse

"I just kind of lost it there after I saw that one - a Venus 170 in a Heuer - that never happened, ever. "

Well, here you are completely wrong, Craig. Heuer did make alt lot of different small chronographs with Venus 170 in the late 1930s and 1940s. They have been discussed several times in this forum. And there is no doubt that they are genuine Heuers. Some are marked just Heuer on the dail, and some have the mysterius 2HEUER2 markings. The movent and case was not signed on most of these Venus 170 chronos. Most of the early Heuers, pre-late 1940s, was not. I have one of these rare Heuer my self, and have done a lot of research on this, and have a lot of pictures of different genuine Heuers with Venus 170.

The chronograph in your Ebay-link has the correct movement and case, it just suffer from a badly redone dial. It's no more a fake than your Omega.

It is a lot of ugly fakes out there, but this is not one of them. But it needs some work and TLC to be good. If the price was low, I would have picked it up.

Best regards

Jarl Fr. Erichsen
Heuer collector
Norway

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE