The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
movement *PIC*

: Post the movement picture. I will be a Valjoux
: cal 77. Craig

My chronograph has Venus 170 as you can see in the picture. I do not doubt you that most of these vertical register Heuer chronos have signed Val.77, but it seems like it also exist some genuine Heuer with unsigned Venus 170. I think it looks like my Heuer, and the other I have seen with Venus 170, are made earlier than the Val.77 ones. Heuer did not sign all movement and cases untill after 1945 (Mastering Time, Tag Heuer book).
My Venus Heuer was not bougth on Ebay fra South America, but from an elder man living in rural Norway. I dont even think he knows Ebay exists. So I have no reason to belive it is a fake.

You have a point with the one on Ebay, the movement did not look good with that Heuer marking. I think it should have been unsigned, or a signed Val. 77.

Please keep on posting fakes, they are all over Ebay.

Best regards
Jarl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE