The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Your Omega is a Beauty *PIC*
In Response To: Your Omega is a Beauty ()

I think its just a 30T2 - I don't know what the RG means unless its the center second version. I bought this one before the Omega "craze" of a few months back for around $450 with a bad dial. Its 38mm and the dial is huge. All stainless. Seemed like a lot then but not now. I had only seen this particular model a couple of times in the past. Its a great movement and well made but I really don't know why it has the attained its status. Overall the movement is on par with some of the 40s and 50s Longines I have in my collection with the 30L being the closest. Craig
PS - did you get your 72c running yet?
:
: so does yours have the 30T2RG movement? this
: movement seems to have a cult-like
: following. as a watchmaker, what do you see
: in this movement?

: I will have to say -- I have been looking for a
: simple, three-hand watch for a long time; I
: had never seen this watch (or given it a
: second look, if I had seen it) or heard of
: this movement; now, I wish I had a bunch of
: them!! Beautiful watches, powered by a great
: movement.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE