The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
e-bay at its worst *LINK*

Ok, i buy some watches on e-bay as we all do. I like to buy restoration projects. But its good fun looking for watches.
This time i found a carrera 23 with a MG logo. with a buy it now. SO I BOUGHT IT NOW. then after paying the seller the amount plus postage he e-mails me with loads of complaints from CHICK and Gerry(UK) saying that i'm a watch dealer and its not fair. Even saying i CHEAT IN AUCTIONS!
surely if any auction has a "buy it now" option everyone who sees this auction has the same option of "buying it NOW"
But No after i bought the item Chick and Gerry(UK) e-mail the seller telling him that i'm a dealer and its not fair!
Anyway now the dealer is so confused from the in-coming e-mails of resentment that he goes a bit $ crazy and refuses to sell me the item. after asking for a US address not Uk which i gave him, then asking for a collection in person by 4 oclock today by David Devos who offererd to help by collecting tomorrow on my behalf (thanks David,i'm sorry to have asked). But No
It had all gone MAD and a bit greedy not to mention full of resentment from others
i would like to point out that i have a good reputation amongst the Heuer collectors and good relationships with most amoungst the forum.
I buy watches to restore then sell on. i have never seen or had a complaint within the Heuer forum. I now question some peoples ethics in e-bay 's auctions.
This seller is clearly a bit crazy (maybe due to wanting extra cash) but IS it fair or unfair that other bidders ruined my "buy it now" auction? that was open to everyone? i love watches this is obvious to anyone. Ok i buy and sell some onward to fuel my addiction but i'm NOT a crook NOR am i dishonest, nor do i do it for a living.I have a large collection of happy customers, and a large amount of work goes into restoration/polishing/web design/photography/etc.
which most people can understand but i obviously have enemy's within
please can everyone with opinion post a reply because its an issue we all have to deal with.
The seller was really abusive and rude to me in most of his e-mails. this is his last e-mail to me. i would post more but it would go on and on(ask if you would like to see)(sorry to involve you David)
Nic, this will be my last mail,, i will sit all day long and make offers on
Carrera watches as well as pay my staff to do it IF you e-mail me again and
or cause any "auction interference"
go back to your www.Heuerboy.com site and eat a few of those watches for
your breakfast,, take care.
in regards to your last mail, I REFUNDED ALL your money as told to me that
I could and should by the Bay as I clearly state i do not ship overseas NOR
made exceptions for ANY eBayer this year!
best Nic and you hide under that PRIVATE feedback,,
i thank God I have eBay helping me on this one!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE