The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
In Response To: Re: e-bay at its worst ()

Hi Gerry, Firstly let me tell you that the deciscale carrera has been serviced,case re- polished, had new seals and glass and inner tachy ring. This is what i like to do as a dealer/collector. The watches i tend to go for need some work and i do this because i enjoy it, and have a very strong passion for fixing movements and watches. I'm sorry you have resentment for what i do or for the prices i sell watches and buy watches for. Please remember that vintage watches do steadily increase in value and that you may need to look at spending more on a watch.
Also i see your in the uk ,maybe i can help you find the watch you are seeking or help in restoring one, I'm not a bad guy out to control the market, i love watches, and i have probably helped in a little way making our beloved Heuers becoming more desirable and collectible.
As to the US auction, i didn't even look to see about postage i just clicked the buy -it-now button in excitement. The seller then refused to sell even when my friend David Devos offered to pick it up. Yes the watch was cheap but if you looked close at it, it was in pretty bad shape and would have needed quite alot of work done to it. He was a "interesting charracter".
As to bidding on auction i do like to bid in the last few seconds (not always as you can't always be there) but what i do is i have 4 pages open with the auction on each with different bid amounts on each page. Its a question of speed and nerves in the last 10 seconds, but the more you practice the more time seems to slow down and i can get bids in the last 3 seconds sometimes.
Thanks Nic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE