The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Awful Stuff, Nic
In Response To: e-bay at its worst *LINK* ()

Nic:

sorry that this happened to you. I have always considered you to be one of the "good guys"; I have nothing against "dealers", and actually admire the folks who stock the inventory, take the killer photos, share their knowledge, maintain the websites, and are honest all along.

You raise numerous issues, all of which are interesting to disucss. I had one lucky "BuyItNow" ($1,500 Monaco, on original bracelet), that got busted up by another ebay bidder. To make things worse, he was a member of this community, and someone who I had helped in acquiring another rare watch at a nice pirce.

In the end, I raised hell -- with the seller, with ebay, with PayPal, with American Express, and -- most importantly -- with the gentleman who had interfered with my transaction [yes, seller let his name "slip" into one of our conversations, and he was only a phone call away]. I drafted the complaint, to be filed in court, for intentional interference with contract, and in the end, he sent me the watch.

I probably wasted a dozen hours securing this watch, but I was determined not to let this interference happen.

We can all disucss other aspects later, but I wanted to jot this quick message to let you know that I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I always tell myself, "it's a hobby, and it's supposed to be fun".

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE