The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: e-bay at its worst
In Response To: e-bay at its worst *LINK* ()

O.K. Nic, let's be a little more up front here. The auction in question was clearly marked as U.S. only. I actually passed it up respecting the guys wishes. I saved the page out of interest and lo and behold I see 'mastertiming' has bought it, like he does anything of any real interest and then shoves it on his site at vastly inflated prices e.g. the deci carrera with the Ģ800 mark up that's on there at present(you want the item number?). Anyway, I ask the guy what's going on, I thought it was a U.S. only auction and he tells me all ex-USA bids are supposed to be blocked but what can he do. So I put him in the picture. We've all got to feel sorry for poor little Nic? not me. These sort of win at any cost tactics are unethical you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Everybody wants a fair chance but how are people supposed to compete when your motivation is greed.You've got ready made customers, you know your margins, you can afford to outbid collectors all day. Collectors are looking at how much they can afford to pay, not how much they're able to speculate. You want to explain to people how you manage to place 2 bids with EXACTLY the same time seven seconds from the end of an auction? (you want the item numbers for those as well?). Far as I can see without the aid of some tricky software it's a physical impossibility. First bid goes in 7 secs b4..O.K. How do you have time to place a second? I tried it with two open pages,closest I got was 6 secs but there was a registered time delay, unlike yours. You explain how it's done. I'll apologise for the inference.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE