The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Reply
In Response To: Re: Reply ()

Hi, you don't seem to realize what happened in this auction. I bidded, won. The seller then sent me an invoice saying that he didn't normally post to the Uk but he would this time so he sent me an invoice. I paid him with paypal and he was happy.
Until he received some e-mails from yourself and another partys and began to think the watch was worth more than i had paid. He then said he didn't have to post to the uk because it stipulate that in his auction.
He then gave me the option for David to collect the watch, he even found out his number and called him about it. By this time he was obviously thinking the watch was made of solid platinum because of all the e-mails you and others sent.
David said he could collect it the next day, but Mike gave him a 2 hour deadline.
So i put it to you that you were "out of line" by
interfering with an attempt to either buy the watch outside of auction or stop me getting the watch by contacting the seller after the auction had ended. Why did you do that? i don't want to sound nasty or cause a string of arguments but it looks like untoward tactics but i guess you didn't know what was going on between me and him so i think its probably best this all gets forgotten about as its getting a bit too sour. There will always be different views between people about fairness and whats right and wrong and the forum shouldn't be a place to get over political.
Unless Jeff want to become a Judge! lol
nic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE