The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Reply
In Response To: Reply ()

Resentment for what you do? No. If there were no people to restore things to their former glory all we'd have to look at is pictures. I restore things. Cars,jukeboxes,games machines,toys,even houses.What I objected to is your reluctance to follow the rules. O.K. I concede we all make the occasional error in the heat of the moment, and the dissappointment of losing a bargain can be painful, but you tried to bully the guy into releasing the item against his wishes. Not nice. It gives all U.K. bidders a bad name and I for one like to have the respect and confidence of the people I deal with. When the guy said NO you should have backed away with an apology, you were out of line. I saw the item, read the page, considered e.mailing the seller to ask him whether he'd accept a bid but decided his stipulations about not shipping out of the U.S. were so implicit as to be not worth the trouble. I suspect the reason he wouldn't let your friend pick up the item is because you got his back up, just like you did mine.As to the bidding issue, you get up a five in the morning to work your particular brand of bidding magic do you?(the Dato 12). Whether it's one page or a dozen, sequential bids are registered chronologically (as a time buff you must understand that). Your bids were double taps with absolutely no time lag in between them both exactly 7 seconds from the end of the auction. Good or what? Once is amazing. twice is impossible and definately a reason to be super suspicious. I'd get rid of that software if I were you, toooo risky.Finally, with reference to you finding a watch for me, thanks but no thanks,I prefer to do these things on my own. I've been playing this game one way or another for a long time now, but always by the rules. Don't get greedy and you'll always have your self respect. Remember that.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE