The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Reporting fakes on Ebay

Before I start on the subject on reporting fakes let me say that I am a Tag Heuer Owner. I bought a 2000 series chronometer. That way people that participate in this forum dont become outraged on the subjects I might bring up for discussions. I am an official owner. Chuck recently wrote about reporting fakes being sold on ebay to ebay and having them removed. Is this really what these forums are for? To inform people on how they can be tattle tails? What benefit is for anyone to go and report this to ebay. Is it to keep Tag Heuer from going out of business? I doubt it. TH is a major company with millions of dollars so I am sure they can be their own police, they do not need any help from you or me. And I would be willing to bet they are not paying you or giving you a complimentary watch for doing so. So why bother. I am sure that ebay can police their site as well without any help either. If it is to protect the people who might buy a watch there then here is something to think about. If you are going to buy a watch from someone on ebay then that is the chance you take. just because someone puts a picture on their sell site it does not mean you will get that watch. If you want to get a real Heuer then you should buy from a repitable outlet. Ben Bridge, Roman times, Bailey Banks Biddle, Costco Wholesale......... Or go to a watch show with dealers so you can see the watch you are purchasing. The majority of people that buy replicas online know what they are buying and if you are not sure then dont get it. It seems that many of the people in this forum that get upset about fakes are the ones that paid a lot of money and now see extremely close looking replicas for a fraction of the price. And the strange thing is that most of these replicas now are actually quality watches which hurts even more in the pocket book. Basically if you are happy with your tag heuer then be and leave ebay fakes alone. Let the TH police do their own work.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE