The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dad's watch: Triple Chrono 2543 ? *PIC*

Hello all ..

My first wact forum post. After a few years, I am helping my mom clean up some of dad's office.
[ He passed in 2006 at 81, Air Force WWII pilot ]

Anyway, I found some of his old watches, and I like watches generally anyway - and found this. Now, I know [ knew ] absolutely nothing about it, but googled and searched.. found this site, and I think it is a 2543 from the 50's maybe ? I do love the internet !

So, I have a "Watch knowledable" buddy who took the back off and took a few pics. He's a Speedmaster guy [ See!I learned a new word ! ]. He has quite a collection, and took some pics for me. I, of course, am a total vintage watch rookie.

This is as I found it, runs, but acts strangely when the chrono is activated [ ie stop the entire watch ? ]. Keeps fine time when running though. Plenty of wear and scratches on the face.

So - I am sending it out for cleaning and repair with light resto work to "His Watchmaker" in Pa. Plan to leave to face alone with it's original patina, but will have a new crystal installed and some minor clean up on the case.

Of course, I'll have to find a nice leather band and maybe a Heuer clasp to go with.

So - any info on the watch wouild be great.. plan to wear it in memory of Dad on special occaions, like my daughter's upcoming wedding. That way a small peice of him can attend the wedding !

Any info on the year of the watch would be great.. It looks most like the 40-50s watch pics in the chrono section of this site.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE