The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Glad it will make it for the wedding!

: I'd go for a slightly restrained strap, so leather in preference to
: croc. Black stitching works well to put the emphasis on the
: watch head but if you do go for contrast stitching, you really
: want to pick up some element of the dial so off-white/cream in
: preference to white for me. With that watch, I think dark brown
: works just as well as black too.

Thank Mark -

That is a great suggestion. That is exactly some of the input I was seeking. I like the idea of an off white to match the dial.

I have recieved a few pics of the watch in progress, but I need to get the actual files so I can post them. Yep - it looks so much better !! And I remain excited to actually see it. Hopefully I will get the files to post here...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE