The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Dad's watch: Triple Chrono 2543 ?

Update :

Almost 1 year later.. the watch is "almost" complete. The watchmaker looked high and low for a new and corrrect date wheel. Seems the original one was faded in the exposed area. He found one, and slowly worked his way through the servicing. A few other minor parts were replaced, like the main spring. Minor face clean up, light case cleaning, new lens ... etc.

He "Test drove" it for a bit.. keeping perfect time - but - another issue surfaced. Seems the spring that resets the Chrono to zero was weak.. and broke. He ordered a new one and replaced it.

I am expecting some pics shortly .. and hope to share them.

So -- it looks like I will be getting the watch back soon - well in time for my daughter's wedding in June.

I am super excited! The Navitimer will have to take a break from my wrist soon . . lol

NOW - need a proper strap for it. I am leaning to a black leather [ or Croc ] with white stitch band. Thoughts / suggestions ?

Is there a source for a Heuer buckle? [ One that spells out "Heuer" on the buckle ? ]

[ As a side note, and I hadn't noticed this, the date was never changed by me in the pics.. and I noticed something a bit later. It was set to my Dad's birthday! _ I suspect he did that when he put the watch in the desk drawer ]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE