The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: WOW!! Zodiac (Poor Man's Cal 12 Carrera) is Super Rare!

Cool thanks, I didn't know that it was very rare one. I’ve really been into the early 70’s Carreras for year or so, but with a tight watch budget this fits the bill perfectly. I will consider myself lucky that I happened upon one in good shape. I got it off of flebay about 6 months ago for a good price. The best part is that the dial is in perfect condition. The tach ring is upside down and the crystal needs to be polished, but both of those things can be fixed easily. I will be happy to take some better photos.

That brings up a general Heuer/poor mans Heuer question that I had. Do we have any idea what sort of numbers that were made in the different model ranges? Are they in the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands? I know that the Monaco wasn't a big seller but what about some of others? What about compared to some of the other brands like Omega, Rolex, Breitling etc…… just curious?

: A few years ago, I chased one of these Zodiacs around the world,
: from one owner to the next, but was not successful in landing
: it. It would be great to get some high resolution photos, as
: this one belongs at the top of the list of "Poor Man's
: Heuers".

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE