The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting

Very interesting discussion. Besides the serial numbers, Arno makes mention of some important details that are specific to the 1163 Chronomatic case and movement. I am struggling to differentiate between Rich's example and Jeff's example when it comes to the cut out for the pushers. The pushers themselves also seem to be similar in that they protrude more than the later examples. It would be great if Arno could be more specific about these unique case features.

The movement is also of interest. The auction example has an unusual stippled mounting plate (not sure if this is the correct name) and I do not recall ever seeing another like it. Maybe the Chronomatic owners can advise if there movements are the same.

I look forward to the replies.
Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE