The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
i'm not so sure about the seller part...

:
: one day, I read all the fine print in the
: PayPal terms and conditions. [ Hey, on a
: good day, us lawyers even get to write that
: wonderful stuff! ]

you lawyers have a major advantage in that, since you sometimes get to write this stuff, you actually understand it.:)

I concluded that it was
: OK to use PayPal as a Buyer (to make
: payment), but hazardous to use as a Seller
: (to receive payment). There seemed to be a
: real risk of the buyer making the payment,
: then charging it back . . . leaving the
: seller with no payment and a dispute with
: PayPal / credit card company / buyer.

i'm not sure about this, because i've dealt with sellers who have their paypal only setup to take bank transfers or e-checks only. how this is done, i'm not sure. i can say a few times i wanted to use my credit card and couldn't.

: This information may be out-dated or incorrect,
: but I have stuck with the approach of using
: PayPal to buy, but not to sell. as a buyer,
: it seems great.

probably good advice nonetheless. while i like it to buy, i probably wouldn't use it to sell myself, also.

: Jeff

: j.h.

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE