The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I've been a PayPal user since...........

: they started and have had no problems either as
: a seller or buyer, international either. In
: fact, I'm more likely to pass over auctions
: that aren't PayPal friendly anymore.

i have to say, i've only bought, but(knock on wood):) haven't had any problems to date either.

PayPal
: won't let you use the credit card if you
: have a private account but will if it's a
: business account.

thanks for the info and that explains the no credit card deal i was referring to.

It's just too big a hassle
: to do the money order or bank check thing
: and doing them online through Western Union
: is a ripoff. Western Union works great to
: transfer money since it gets anywhere almost
: immediately, fees are high though.

i personally don't find it that big of a deal doing cashiers checks or money orders, but that's just me. i do agree on western union as the fees are awful to absorb. all i'm thinking is, "there goes a few straps, etc.":)

Speaking
: of fees, my pet peave is those people that
: sell watches that cost hundreds or thousands
: of dollars yet make the buyer responsible
: for PayPal fees. Give me a break! Either
: roll the fees into the amount you have to
: have for the item or suck it up and be glad
: you had a sale.

yeah, i have to agree there. i find it rather silly for a seller not rolling the fees into the sale (meaning a straight sale not an auction). he/she can always give a cash discount if the buyer wants to pay via money order, etc. technically, as i understand it, it's against the rules to force the fees on the buyer.

Nothing worse for a watch
: guy than waiting for a watch, sending
: payment the old fashioned way just increases
: the wait.

true, but sometimes a wait can be fun, you know kinda like christmas was as a kid.:)

: Paul

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE