The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
FYI is Kayvan...........Diabolik/Tsunami STOP!

FYI is no Berni; FYI is me Kayvan...I have known Chuck an others here for years.

To Diabolik/etc. you lost most of your respect/credibility by all your un-orthodox harassment tactics of Berni and that ebay has booted your ids.

It sounds to me that you bought 8, thats right 8 watches, not 1 watch from Berni...then., and after a long amount of time changed your mind. Here in the USA you have a 3 day inspection period or at most 30 days from a corporation to return an item....otherwise, if you agree to keep its your forever. And it is hard for me to believe that you managed to think 8 watches were all fakes...when a simple search of completed Heuer watches on ebay would show you what the real one looks like/$ value, after 2-3 days of collecting! Again as a computer/ebay genius I am sure you know how to do completed searches ranked by dollar $ value hi-low of every heuer model.

Any way, he offered to take them back, and you lost $500/8 watches which equals $40 a watch...which is what a standard "re-stocking fee" is with most dealers. And it sounds as if you made some profits with some of your earlier deal/sales/re-sales with him, so you probably are out $250 at most.

So, I dont get your complaining. This is a hobby, and it involves some risk; some positive/ some negative. You want zero risk buy a toaster or a seiko quartz!

This issue seems closed; you are no more due an apology than he is. Your words are just as suspect, and I feel i speak for many here, that you stop harassing berni or WE will start petitioning to BAN you from this forum and ebay.

So, now that its clear, lets get back to collecting Heuers :-) !

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE